Monday, October 17, 2011

October 15 – Horse Anniversary

This past Saturday, October 15th, marked the one year anniversary with my paso fino, Scotchelo.  What a difference this partnership has made in my life, and, I’m guessing, his too.  His two previous owners had problems with him and therefore didn’t ride him much.  We went through a bumpy patch in the beginning until we got used to each other, and he has since proven to be Scotch, The Wonder-Horse.  He is friendly and cuddly, lowering his head to let me hug on his neck and shower his velvety nose with kisses.  He has lots of energy and loves to gait, but can also stand calmly and patiently while my friends and I stop for a picnic.  We have progressed from his refusal to set hoof in a tiny stream of water to playing in a belly deep pool and even splashing through the surf on the beach.
October 15, 2010 was a gray and misty day and started off badly.  My car was broken into that morning and my purse with all my identity was stolen.  Then there was The Incident, where my friend and I were traumatized when her horse slipped and fell on some slippery asphalt.  BUT:  Scotch came into my life that day and changed it for the better.  This past 10/15 was sunny and warm in contrast to last year, and Champagne Friend Peggy and I had a wonderful ride through the Ramona Grasslands.  We stopped at Cordiano Winery afterwards to toast the last of the golden late afternoon, the brilliant orange sunset, and my Scotchelo.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment