Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Visit with My Sister


Champagne Sister (and Real Sister) Laura has a wonderful property in Sun City with horses, dogs, cats and a goat.  My Buddy, an Arab mix, lives there and serves as a great excuse for us to get together once a week.  Her house is currently decorated for Halloween with whimsical scarecrows and witches, and big, fat pumpkins and apples from a recent visit to Apple Hill.  We visit in her cozy kitchen over coffee latte´s and pumpkin bread and try to go for a ride before the sun beats too intensely.  The horses plod along lazily in the hot late-morning sun and my legs are sweating in the saddle.  Back at the house, I give Buddy a bath with the garden hose and he looks grateful for the cool water splashing down his neck and back.  Then we let him “mow” the front lawn while we sit under a shady tree with a picnic lunch.  I look forward to our visits and rides, and am thankful I have the time to indulge in my favorite pastime.  

2 comments:

  1. Life without horses, I can't even imagine it!
    It only seems natural for you and I to be riding side by side once again in our life's. Such beautiful childhood memories full of horseback rides, till now. So looking forward to making new ones in the forever future! May it never end.
    "cheers to you, fellow champagne sister"
    With love,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I'm on your computer, so my comment is posted under your name.

    ReplyDelete