Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chester Does Yoga


My morning routine for the past 100 years has been to drag myself into my gym at 5 AM for a workout.  My white lab, Chester, pads in after me and watches intently as I do my Yoga stretches.  Chester likes to participate. I feel like he is mimicking me, although I don't recall ever being in this particular pose.  I watch him out of the corner of my eye as he lies down on his side with a groan, then rolls over onto his back in the most relaxed (Yoga?) position I've ever seen.  His legs are splayed out carelessly and his fangs protrude as gravity pulls his upper lip towards the floor.  His eyes are closed and he looks utterly peaceful.  There's got to be a name for this.  Can't really call it Downward Dog because he's on his back.  Hmmm, how about Doggy Bliss?   Namaste...ohmmmmmm



No comments:

Post a Comment